Monday, February 13, 2012

Future Journeys?

After my first journey of baking white chocolate cupcakes with raspberry butter cream frosting I can say I'm quite proud of myself. They tasted amazing and got good reviews from Jaime's (my boyfriend) co-workers. He works at the Walker's Furniture Warehouse and I give all of my baking adventures to them to eat, that way they don't sit around my apartment and make the number on my scale go up. So I took the weekend to sit around and think about what I might possibly bake in the future. I already know that sometime this week I'm going to bake blondies and document them on here. So, that's the plan for this week, if anyone was wondering.

So, the question probably is "what are you planning on baking since you wasted your weekend thinking about it?" Well first off I didn't spend literally all weekend sitting around thinking about baking, I do have a social life. And secondly I have made a rough plan of what I want to do. Below is a list of some of my plans.

  • Breakfast nachos - Ok, so it's not a dessert but doesn't it sounds tasty??? I'm thinking tortilla chips, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, and country gravy to top it off.
  • Brown sugar and maple bacon cupcakes - Spoiler! I already kinda started this project. On Saturday I made 4 brown sugar maple cupcakes with brown sugar butter cream frosting and cooked bacon sprinkled on top. I literally threw it together and it actually tasted pretty good. It just needs a few tweaks and a big batch will be on its way!
  • Chocolate pistachio cupcakes or cookies - I can't quite decide what to put these ingredients into but for some reason it seems as if they would work well together.
  • Tres leche cake - I've always wanted to make this cake I just need an occasion to make it for
  • Tiered cake with fondant - I want to make a fancy cake, almost like a wedding cake or awesome birthday cake. I'm talking like, three or four different levels with piping and decorations!
  • Cheesecake - I have to make cheesecake! It's my favorite. I'm thinking maybe ginger pear cheesecake? Or like an awesome chocolate lovers cheesecake.
  • Pie - I've made pies before but I want to make a new and interesting pie. I just need to come up with something inventive.
Sooooo, feel free to tell me what you think of my ideas. Also feel free to give me any ideas or tell me what you guys would like me to make. I'm open to any ideas and would love feedback. So that's pretty much it for my future plans for now. Keep watch for my blondie recipe and remember, happy baking!

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds great. I can't wait to hear how each of them turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bavarian-strawberry-pie/detail.aspx -One of my favorite pie recipes
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/peppermint-patty-brownies/detail.aspx --To give you an idea if you want to play with brownies.

    ReplyDelete