Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Simple Introduction

Aw my first post on my blog! This is totally new to me and just a little weird. I've never had a blog before but it kinda sounded like fun, especially since I'll be documenting my baking adventures. I have a heart set on baking. I absolutely love it! My love for baking started as a child when my grandma would bake cookies. I would stand on my step stool and eat the cookie dough probably faster then she could bake it. In our family we make A LOT of cookies for Christmas. As I got older my grandma passed the tradition of baking for Christmas to my mom and me. So every year my mom and me make a bunch of cookies, wrap them up in baskets, and give them to our neighbors. And of course leave plenty of leftovers for the family.

All through high school I made my grandma Anderson's chocolate chip cookies. And these are to die for. I mean seriously, to die for. Anyone whose ever had my cookies can't stop ranting about them. I'm not an arrogant person, but I can make some seriously delicious cookies. It's a family recipe that I refuse to give to anyone else. And since I've gone off to college I've greatly expanded my interest in baking. I've made cookies, pies, cakes, candies, and dessert bars. Sure I haven't made too much of any category, except my cookies, but that's all about to change. I plan on making all sorts of desserts! Anything that sounds good is going into my oven or onto the stove. The only problem is I'm going to have to find people to eat all my delicious treats!

So my overall plan is to simply make different desserts, document my work, and post it on my blog. I'll post pictures to go along with my ranting. I'll even post recipes and share my experiences with everyone. Maybe as I go along I'll take requests and post them on here. So yeah that's pretty much it. Happy baking!

Oh, and to combine my psychological background with baking:
"Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!" ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment